Saturday, September 6, 2008

Weekend away in Savannah

Labor Day weekend Drew and I took a much needed vacation to Savannah. We went with our friends Cindy and Stephen. I have been to Savannah several times. Each time I love it more. There is so much to do and it is so beautiful. I love how you can just walk everywhere. It feels like a small town. This was Drew's first trip there. We both had a really good time. Thanks to Cindy for convincing us to go. We took like a ton of pictures. So this is kind of long. I still haven't figured out how to do a slide show yet. Enjoy!
Drew and Marilyn.
City Market
View from River Street.
I hate Grits, but I couldn't resist taking a picture.
For dinner we went to a place called the Cotton Exchange. It was recommend to us by Jene and Megan. And it was really good. Everywhere we went the food so good. I would just come back for the restaurants.

For breakfast we went to this cute little cafe. It was so good. I wish we had one here.
We had chocolate chip waffles. They were so good. There's nothing better then starting your day with chocolate.

Sunday morning we went to Tybee Island.It was really windy and the waves were huge. But it was very relaxing. And of course we all got sunburned. The beach is one of our favorite places to go.




Drew and Stephen waiting for some waves.
This is a after beach picture.
Drew got super sunburned. He is still suffering from it.
Our last night there we ate at a restaurant called Coreleone's. It is based on the Godfather movie. I have never seen it, but Drew and Stephen were really excited about going to this place. If you make reservations they will pick you up in a limo! It was really cool and the food was great.
Our Limo.
My first Limo ride.

Drew and Stephen's Mafia Pose.

5 comments:

Hanson3 said...

I am so envious of your weekend! I want to go to Savanah! I did get the book and I finished it in like 2 days. :) Can't say it was the best book that I've read but entertaining anyway. I'm going to bring my neighbor to the next meeting if thats ok.

Jene and Megan said...

Yay you finally posted the pics!! I'm glad you guys had a good trip minus the sunburns!

The Allred Family said...

I love Savannah too...such a great place to go for the weekend, close, but feels far away. Drew, wow, you DID get burned. And your cho.c chip waffles. look delish!

Tracy said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had lots of fun in Savannah! That's way more than Wes and I ever did!!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

jealous! i wanna ride in a limo. that is so posh!