Sunday, October 5, 2008

Homemade Biscuits

Last night I and the rest of the Relief Society Presidency got together to watch Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf talk from the General Relief Society conference. His talk was wonderful. He talked about ways to find happiness and joy through being creative and having compassion. And as woman we sometimes let fear of failure stop us from doing things. That is so me. It was a very inspiring talk. So this morning we got to sleep in because it is conference weekend and we can watch it on the internet. I love conference especially when you can watch it in your pj's. Anyways I felt like making something. I guess I was still feeling inspired from the talk. I looked up recipes online for biscuits and pancakes. And discovered I actually had all the ingredients for biscuits except baking powder. I gave Drew's parents a call and they had baking powder on hand. Score! So I whipped everything together and created biscuits. I made homemade biscuits!!! This is like huge for me. I am not much of a cook. Here is a picture of my beautiful biscuits. They are not really thick, but they were super good. So yea for me!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Go Dixie! That was a great talk by the way...I love being creative, just to step back and say, look what I've done!! Can't wait to try your biscuits.

Jene and Megan said...

Very nice!