Monday, January 26, 2009

Week in Review and News

Wow, we have had a busy week . Make that a busy month. I honesty have no idea where January went. The first month of the year gone, already! It seems like Christmas was just yesterday. Anyways. ..last week in review. . .Wednesday my mom and I brought dinner to my good friend Jenn and her family. I have know Jenn since we were like 13. She is such a great friend. Jenn just had twin girls a few weeks ago. They are cutest babies ever, Geneva and Brooklyn. Not to mention she also has a 2 year-old. Christian turned two only 6 days before the babies were born. She is now supermom. They are all doing great. I still can't believe she has 3 kids! Wow, below is picture of the new family of 5.

Thursday night we had Cooking club at church and made fondue. It was really good. We had chocolate and fruit, cheese and bread, meat and all kind of different dipping sauces. The only fondue I have really had before this was just from a chocolate fountain. So it was pretty cool. Megan and I went together. We really haven't hung out much since the baby so it was great to catch up.
On Saturday morning we had a in service meeting with the board members in Relief Society. I had to teach a lesson and have been working on it for a while. Surprisingly it went really well. I am still new at teaching and I every time I have to teach I get really nerveous before. But it was actually great and I think am getting better at it. Our theme for Relief Society this year is "Instruments in His Hands". We had a little medical thing going on. We were all wearing scrubs and lab coats. It turned out really cute. I wish I had a picture of that.
Saturday afternoon was book club at Britt's house. And oh, my goodness she made this awesome White Chicken chili. Mm mm. . .it was so good. I think I ate like 2 bowlfuls. I think she is going to post the recipe on the book club blog. Next month I have to host book club at my house. I will have to put up some pictures of that.
And for the news . . .are you ready? ? ? ? No, sorry I am not pregnant. Oh that reminds me. . .We were all at book club and my Mom gets all serious and she is like I have to tell you guys something and we are all on the edge of our sit wondering what she is going to say. She turns and looks at me and says "I am pregnant" I knew she was joking, but she really had me going there for second. Anyways. . .the exciting news. . .some of you may already know this. . . Drew was called to be the Ward Mission Leader at church yesterday!!!! That is a pretty big calling. We have know for a couple of weeks now. It has been hard not to tell anyone. Now that it is official I can tell the whole world! It is just so amazing to me to see how much Drew is growing. He has only been a member of the church for 4 years!!! He is awesome. I just can't describe to you how wonderful he is!!! So he is working full time, taking 18 hours worth of classes and is the ward mission leader!!! I am so proud. You go , Baby!!! I know he will be great!!!! Well, I think that is everything that has happened this week. Sorry for the long winded post!!

6 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

I LOVED Drew's talk on Sunday. He is just a natural. He's going to be one incredible Ward Mission Leader.

Anonymous said...

Go Drew! Wish I could have been there to hear his talk. J-D said he did great!

Mrs. B said...

That's a great calling! I'm sure he will be wonderful. I'd be excited to try that recipe, I'm all about cooking new things and adding to our collection. Do you have any contact information for Jen? It's funny you posted that I was just thinking about her the other day.

Dixie and Drew said...

Yeah, I totally forgot about Drew's talk! He did awesome. He is a natural speaker. Amber, I know she is on facebook if you have that. I can e-mail you her phone # if you like.

The Allred Family said...

I cannot believe she had twins! I didn't know that! My aunt kept talking about this girl in her ward who had twins with those names but I didn't recognize her married name. I only know her as Jenn Vidiksis. Funny...she is supermom!

Jene and Megan said...

I was so sad I missed Drew's talk but Eric was still sick! I'm glad it went very well though. It was so fun to go to Cooking Class with you! It has been so long!